The primary difference is that IHCP bars are induction hardened to give a hard case on the surface for support to the chrome plating; this minimizes surface damage to the chrome from abrasion and/or impact.
Also, AISI 1045/50 Chrome Plated and IHCP are both available in standard and high strength properties. Thickness of chrome plating is designated as either Standard (0.0005″ min.) or Heavy (0.001″ min.).
HERE BELOW IS THE APPLICATION LIST OF THE CHROME RODS:
- Hydraulic cylinders (chrome plated piston rods)
- Pneumatic cylinders / air cylinders (hydraulic cylinder piston rods)
- Guide rods for plastic manufacturing machine and hydraulic machinery
- Rollers for machines, such as packing machine rollers, printing machine rollers
- Piston shaft for machinery, such as Textile machinery center axle, Transport machinery center axle, etc.
- Ejector rods for injection molding machines
- Vibration absorbers and pistons for some industrial machinery.