EN24 AISI4340 steel is a medium carbon, low alloy steel know for its toughness and strength in generally grade.
EN24 can be heat treated to a wide range of tensile strengths from 850-1000 N/mm² (‘T’ condition) up to 1550 N/mm² (‘Z’ condition). Heat treated EN24 offers high tensile strength combined with good ductility and resistance to shock. At low temperatures good impact values can be obtained. In this blog we explain a little about the characteristics and history of this well established steel grade.
EN24 steel properties
When used for applications in its heat treated condition EN24T combines high tensile strength with shock resistance. It is easy to work and can be forged or stamped without difficulty. EN24 is machinable in the annealed condition or when hardened and tempered.
The applications of EN24 AISI4340 steel
EN24 steel was classified as a wrought steel for automobiles and aircrafts and as such was used to produce numerous parts and components for these industries. It is most popular as EN24T and with good high tensile properties in T condition it is used widely in the manufacturing sector. Some examples of applications include:
• Power transmission gears and other gears requiring maximum hardness.
• Cranks, axles, propellor and gearbox ,cylinder shafts requiring good high tensile properties.
• Connecting rods, special cranks and other parts required to be stiff and yet retain a high degree of toughness.
• Bolts, screwed parts, stub axles, swivel arms required very tough.
• Plastics and rubber moulding industry parts for moulds, hob retaining rings, stop pins.
• Structural components with good high tensile needs.
Wuxi YUTONG as a professional EN24 4340 steel tube and round bar supplier, manufacturer,exporter in China, Wuxi YUTONG has more than 20 years production experience, we sell EN24 4340 hydraulic hard chrome bar,hard chrome rod/shaft to customers and provide full range of technical support.
Imperial sizes & metric sizes & special size all available.
100% Quality assurance
100% Customers repurchase